Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My sweet home...

       Lately, my home became my studio, as we've decided (me and my husband) to move out of this country... so I left my rented studio and moved everything in the house ,which became very crowded!
But I can manage for few months  :))


my office :)

part of the livingroom

eating space

some of my varnishes


thyme (from my garden )

the painting on the wall- Calman Shemi

      I love this painter! When I was in Paris, I went to a gallery near Champs Elysees, and I found this piece exposed there. I was so moved by the colors and the composition that we had to buy it.

Calman Shemi - a Brief Biography

Calman Shemi, sculptor and painter, was born in Argentina in 1939.  A graduate of the school of Sculpture and Ceramics in Mendoza, Calman Shemi was a student of the Italian-Argentinean sculptor Libero Badii, and later of the German-Israeli sculptor Rudi Lehman.
In 1961 Calman Shemi settled in Israel and joined Kibbutz Carmia of which he was a member for twenty years. There he worked in agriculture  and also as a sculptor working with wood and clay. Several of his large scale projects made of fiberglass and polyester are situated in various public buildings all over the world.
Though sculpture dominated his early years as an artist, Calman Shemi developed the idea of the "soft painting" medium in 1977 while living in Kibbutz Carmia. Beginning with a color drawing done to scale, Calman Shemi layers irregularly shaped pieces of variously textured and color fabrics. Using a thread-less 9,000 needle sewing machine the fabrics are meshed to one another and to the background, resulting in vibrant compositions infused with exuberant color and explosive movement.
In 1991 Calman Shemi was invited to create art works for Carnival Cruise-Liners in Miami Florida, including paintings of large dimensions for the public spaces and paintings for the cabins and suites. Calman Shemi also constructed sculptures made of bronze for the decks on the various ships.
In 2002 Calman Shemi was commissioned to create monumental works for Hapoalim Bank's headquarters in Tel Aviv. In addition, he has created sculptures and paintings for Hapoalim Bank's head branches in Geneva, London, Paris, and Mexico City.
Many artists strive to challenge themselves with new artistic mediums.  Calman Shemi has done so by developing two unique techniques of paintings: his "lacquer paintings" and "window paintings". His "lacquer" and "window" paintings are reminiscent of ancient techniques used to create art in Japan and China centuries ago.
During the last eighteen years Calman Shemi has held more then seventy one-man-show in the United States, France, Germany, Spain, Belgium, Japan and Israel. Today the fine art of Calman Shemi can be seen in many public places and private collections around the world.









2 comments:

  1. these paintings were made by Calman Shemi, one of my favourite painters...you should look him up on his website.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cauta