Friday, August 29, 2014

As a single woman, I am often asked about love. 
People ask whether or not I am ever going to have children (the answer: No), 
why am I single, and, why have I never been married?
Most of the time I am okay answering these questions, 
I know myself well enough to answer them honestly, 
but sometimes I want to turn the questions around and ask people: why are you married?
What makes your heart come alive, really come alive? 
What makes your heart break wide-fucking-open?
How often do you feel that fall-to-the-ground, this-world-is-so-beautiful kind of love? 
Most people would not want, or know how, to answer such questions. 
I live inside these questions most days of my life.

Patricia Dowd


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cauta