Sunday, January 4, 2015

Transformation- poetry

By Lisa Tolbert
I’ll skip a page because I can.
The page will wait for me
as I wait for you.
In quiet,
in calm,
in stillness,
in trust.
Of darkness and light,
Of ugliness and beauty.
All of the contrasts
in life in me
converge
and I will wait for you.
In hours dark
and quiet deep in the night,
There is a fullness
that swallows the emptiness,
and grows greater still.
In releasing my breath,
I release you.
I see that things
are clearer when
I stand alone
in my empty handed heart.
There is no pain in love,
when love is real.
There is only light.
Darkness cannot abide.
And I inhale the light only
To breathe back into the night.
More light.
I stop trying to
explain,
steer,
control,
dictate,
direct,
plead,
bargain,
drown,
deny,
subvert,
subjugate,
dominate,
win,
and I am free!
To be.
In this moment,
all there is.
And grief abates,
panic drops,
sadness lifts,
longing leaves,
craving ceases
anger dissolves,
and there is truth!
Pure and simple.
And I AM.
Again
Always
Forever.
I AM.
And I will wait for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Cauta